Drone is a Continuous Integration platform built on container technology. Every build is executed inside an ephemeral Docker container, giving developers complete control over their build environment with guaranteed isolation.
Drone's prime directive is to help teams [ship code like GitHub](https://github.com/blog/1241-deploying-at-github#always-be-shipping). Drone is easy to install, setup and maintain and offers a powerful container-based plugin system. Drone aspires to be an industry-wide replacement for Jenkins.
Drone documentation is organized into several categories:
* [Setup Guide](http://readme.drone.io/setup/overview)
* [Build Guide](http://readme.drone.io/usage/overview)
* [Plugin Guide](http://readme.drone.io/devs/plugins)
* [CLI Reference](http://readme.drone.io/devs/cli/)
* [API Reference](http://readme.drone.io/devs/api/builds)
### Community, Help
Contributions, questions, and comments are welcomed and encouraged. Drone developers hang out in the [drone/drone](https://gitter.im/drone/drone) room on gitter. We ask that you please post your questions to [gitter](https://gitter.im/drone/drone) before creating an issue.
Please see our [installation guide](http://readme.drone.io/setup/overview) to install the official Docker image.
### From Source
Install build dependencies:
* go 1.5+ ([install guide](http://golang.org/doc/install))
* libsqlite3 ([install script](https://github.com/drone/drone/blob/master/contrib/setup-sqlite.sh))
* sassc ([install script](https://github.com/drone/drone/blob/master/contrib/setup-sassc.sh))
Clone the repository to your Go workspace:
git clone git://github.com/drone/drone.git $GOPATH/src/github.com/drone/drone
Commands to build from source:
make deps # Download required dependencies
make gen # Generate code
make build # Build the binary
If you are seeing slow compile times please install the following:
go install github.com/mattn/go-sqlite3
If you are having trouble building this project please reference its `.drone.yml` file. Everything you need to know about building Drone is defined in that file.