Defines conversions between generic types and structs to map query strings to struct objects. Package runtime includes helper functions for working with API objects that follow the kubernetes API object conventions, which are:
0. Your API objects have a common metadata struct member, TypeMeta. 1. Your code refers to an internal set of API objects. 2. In a separate package, you have an external set of API objects. 3. The external set is considered to be versioned, and no breaking
changes are ever made to it (fields may be added but not changed or removed).
4. As your api evolves, you'll make an additional versioned package
with every major change.
5. Versioned packages have conversion functions which convert to
and from the internal version.
6. You'll continue to support older versions according to your
deprecation policy, and you can easily provide a program/library to update old versions into new versions because of 5.
7. All of your serializations and deserializations are handled in a
Package runtime provides a conversion helper to make 5 easy, and the Encode/Decode/DecodeInto trio to accomplish 7. You can also register additional "codecs" which use a version of your choice. It's recommended that you register your types with runtime in your package's init function.
As a bonus, a few common types useful from all api objects and versions are provided in types.go.
Package runtime is a generated protocol buffer package. It is generated from these files: k8s.io/kubernetes/pkg/runtime/generated.proto It has these top-level messages: RawExtension TypeMeta Unknown