Message Notification Daemon
This is a desktop message notification daemon that can be left to run in the background to check multiple E-Mail accounts for new mail. POP3 is only supported for checking mail boxes and support for other protocols will be added in the future.
Usage of mnd:
-d="": The directory in which the database will be stored
-f="": The configuration file in which the user settings are stored
-g=false: Generate a configuration file
-v=false: debugging/verbose information
You can use the -g flag to generate a sample configuration to stdout which can be redirected to a file (mnd -g > mnd.conf).
The configuration filename should be mnd.conf and follows the freedesktop spec for finding config files.
- GNU/Linux only
- Notification Daemon such as xfce4-notifyd
- Supports multiple accounts
- Supports custom notification icons.
- Supports custom notification sounds. Use file:// prefix to specify the location of a sound file in the config
- Support proxys
- Support Pushover
- Support custom sounds
- Support playing sounds if notification daemon can not play them
The look of notifications will differ depending on your current window and icon theme. If your notification daemon (such as xfce4-notifyd) supports playing sounds, it wil play the "mail-unread" sound which may differ depending on the current theme.