# Route53 Registrator
## What is it
Inspired by [registrator](https://github.com/gliderlabs/registrator), route53-registrator watches for docker events created by a named container, and creates or deletes Route53 CNAME records pointing to the host's public address.
The program uses the ec2 metadata service to retrieve the hostname for the instance. As a result, the program is tied to usage on AWS EC2 instances for now.
- Ensure you have a working golang environment
- `go get` to install dependencies
### Make tasks:
- Builds the binary image (compiled only for linux amd64)
- Builds a Docker container to run the binary
- Runs the latest built docker container, passing AWS credentials as env variables and
some sane defaults
- Pushes the latest image to the public docker index (it's tied to my account right now)
## A note on `ca-bundle.crt`:
This file contains a set of trusted root certificates obtained from Mozilla [here](http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/raw-file/default/security/nss/lib/ckfw/builtins/certdata.txt)